Friday, October 7, 2011

Happy Weekend

This weekend Leif and I have a few things planned.  We will be working on refinishing a vintage Plycraft chair we bought at a thrift store for $80, which means I will be pulling out my dusty sewing machine to see if I can figure out how to do some basic upholstery.  I also have on my list finishing putting together Clio's nursery (yes, she is nearly two months old and her room is still in a state of disarray) and making some cool new toys for her as well.  All of which I hope to share here in the coming week.

We will also be participating in CicLAvia on Sunday, a semiannual event here in Los Angeles in which ten miles of roadway are closed to traffic and open only to cyclists and pedestrians.  I don't have a very good bike and we don't yet have a seat for Clio so we will be participating in one of the free walking tours they're offering.

Also...eat sushi, go to the Farmer's Market, and possibly make these rosemary honey cupcakes or this apple cake with toffee topping.

And of course, the most important part of the weekend will be spent snuggling with my husband and my daughter.

Have a happy weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I was already a fan of your other blog, since I so relate but can I say that now I just adore you. I love this blog.
    I think I would have so much fun going to yardsales with you because I love the items you showed in your pictures and you know I don't think the beast was that bad but I have one in my living room as well so I understand ;)
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula! You know what, I would love to have a yardsale buddy. Wish we lived in the same vicinity because I am sure we would have so much fun. I love finding little treasures where no one else does.

    P.S. My husband would thank you for saying that the Brown Beast isn't as bad as I think it is. He loves, loves, loves it.

    ReplyDelete